Результаты поиска по запросу "topic sentence and supporting details":
TOPIC SENTENCES AND SUPPORTING DETAILS Tutorial | Sophia Learning
- 2. How to check for cohesion between topic sentences and supporting details. This packet defines topic sentences of a paragraph, then explains how to write them, and then explains supporting detail, all through text and videos.
Reading, Topic Sentences, Supporting Details, worksheet for Grade at myTestBook.com
- Find the supporting detail for the topic sentence. All insects have three main body parts: the head, the thorax, and the abdomen. The head has a pair of antennae, and a pair of compound eyes.
Topic Sentences and Supporting Details
- Reading for Results - Online Practice Topic Sentences and Supporting Details. Copyright 2008 © Laraine Flemming.
Topic sentence & supporting details
- 1. Session 3 Title: Topic sentences, Controlling Supporting details In this session we will be looking at the importance of writing good topic sentences. A topic sentence is the most important sentence in a paragraph.
Main ideas and supporting details | EXAMPLE: WITHIN A PARAGRAPH – Preceded by one or more introductory sentence that may relate the main idea to the previous paragraph, arouse the reader’s interest or give background for the main reason.
- 2. Elaboration of the main idea and supporting details.
- Topic Sentence; Statement of the main idea. It is the statement under which all other material in the paragraph – examples, reasons, facts, details and other evidence – can fit.
How to write topic sentences and supporting details- authorSTREAM Presentation
- Examples of supporting details: Topic Sentence: Eating healthy can change your life. Supporting details: 1) For one thing, a better diet means better skin and muscle definition. 2) Also, people with good diets are known to live longer.
Writing Tips: Paragraph Builder - WritingDEN | Supporting Details
- What are supporting sentences? They come after the topic sentence, making up the body of a paragraph. What do they do? They give details to develop and support the main idea of the paragraph.
Topic Sentences and Supporting Details by Mrs. Stacie Lewis on Prezi
- These sentence should support the topic sentence and sell the overall idea.
- Make sure that ALL of the sentences relate back to the topic sentence and your main thesis. Topic Sentences and Supporting Details GOOD LUCK!
Topics, Main Ideas, and | Writing You are sending an e-mail to the technical support personnel of a computer manufacturer asking for help with a problem. Your topic sentence should directly state the problem.
- There are usually three basic elements: (1) a topic, (2) a topic sentence, and (3) supporting details. The topic sentence states the main, or controlling, idea. The sentences that explain this main point are called supporting details.
Paragraph Review | Directions: Choose the sentence from each pair that would make a good topic sentence. The other sentence would make a good supporting detail. Write TS for topic sentence and SD for supporting detail.
- The topic sentence tells the topic of the paragraph and the general idea regarding the topic that is going to be discussed. A topic sentence should not contain supporting details.